Healthy, great tasting, fluffy, paleo pumpkin donuts?! Say what?! Your dreams have come true! These donuts are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free and refined sugar free! They are surprisingly not lacking in the flavor department either. This recipe was adapted from a mini muffin recipe I found in The Paleo Kids Cookbook by, Jennifer Robins. I absolutely love this cookbook and rave about it all the time! It's extremely allergy and kid friendly. I had been eyeing the mini muffin recipe in this cookbook for a while but I just kept forgetting to purchase those mini muffin silicone liners.
My pregnant self was craving some donuts but I know how terrible my body feels after I indulge on store bought ones full of harmful oils and additives. Taking the Whole30 plunge has really given me a better understanding of the foods that make me feel my best.
There, in my kitchen cabinet, sat this beautiful donut pan that we’ve never used...Hmmmm. Would the mini muffin recipe work well as a donut? I decided to live on the edge and try it out! I had to modify the recipe just a little bit and test it out a few times to make sure that it was truly donut worthy. I'm pleased to say that the results are a batch of fluffy, moist, pumpkin spiced, paleo donuts that you can actually feel good about eating! They are delicious! Who says it can't be Fall all year!?
This Paleo Pumpkin Donut recipe is very simple:
- Combine all ingredients: tapioca flour or arrowroot powder, cashew butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, avocado oil or ghee, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Separate the batter evenly into your donut pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- THAT'S IT! Now, take it to the bathroom, lock the door and eat them before your kids can get to you! Just kidding!
The Best Paleo Pumpkin Donuts
(makes 6 donuts)
•1/2 Cup Cashew Butter
•1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree (Make sure any cans you buy are BPA free!)
•1/4 Cup 100% Maple Syrup
•1 TSP 100% Vanilla Extract
•1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
•1 Pinch Sea Salt
•1 TSP Baking Soda
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl & spoon the batter evenly into the donut pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
5. Let them cool and serve with fresh fruit of your choice.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments!
*This post contains affiliate links and helps support this blog. You can read our full disclosure here. Thank you for your support! :-)